Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Shrimp salad....Shrimp, shrimp, shrimp

Yesterday I went to the grocery store, ask the  lady behind the fish counter for a pound of big shrimp, she gave 2 and I didn't noticed until I got home. A little bit angry because I payed more than I was expecting and because that day I was cooking only for me ( I cannot eat 2 lb. of big shrimp by myself! no matter how much I love it! and I don't like to freeze for too long sea food) the only thing left was cooking them. At first I thought of just toss all of them in olive oil and salt and pepper and throw them on a skillet, but then I reserved half and made the Serrano Jam Shrimp I posted yesterday. the other half I did toss it and thew it on the skillet and reserved it for today.

So while   I was waiting for inspiration to come as to what or how I was going to eat the shrimp today, looking through my pantry I found a lovely ciabatta bread. That was it, shrimp salad sandwich was going to be.  

So the result was this amazing  Shrimp - avocado salad with cilantro chipotle dressing. Simple,  delicious, and satisfying.


Ingredients:

8 to 10 medium to large shrimp cooked
1/2  avocado chopped.
1/4 cup greek yogurt
1 Tsp. mayonaise
1 bunch cilantro
1 chipotle pepper
juice of 1 lime
salt and pepper.

Step 1:

Chop the shrimp in half an inch pieces, reserve.

Step 2:

In a blender mix, mayo, yogurt, cilantro chipotle and lime juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Step 3:

Mix the shrimp. avocado and dressing together, being carefull of not breaking the avocado to much.

Step 4:

Slice the chiabatta bread , spread olive oil on the inside sides and toast it a little.

Step 5:

Plate the sandwich, put a little of the shrimp saldad on top and serve.




No comments:

Post a Comment