Saturday, September 1, 2012

Saturday Lunch...ready!!

I  really love cooking, and I enjoy those dishes that take hours and hours to make, but also,  there is something really good on practical dishes too. Yesterday, Thinking we would eat at home ( which didn't happened)  I made a batch of brown rise, plain brown rice , I put it away on the fridge  thinking that maybe today we could use it to fix a quick lunch. Well I did, and it worked.

I had on the freezer uncooked, peeled and deveined  medium sized shrimp, and was in the mood for something creamy ( the recipe will work great without the cream, is all up to you). So everything had to worked from there.  Also, in the pantry, long forgotten , was a little can of sliced poblano peppers. So I ended up with Creamy Brown Rice with Shrimp and Poblano Peppers .


Here are the ingredients:


1 Tsp. of grape seed oil (not shown in the picture).
3 scallions chopped ( save some for the final presentation)
1/2 cup of sliced poblano peppers.
1/2 cup chopped cilantro (also, save some for presentation)
1tsp. minced garlic
1/2 cup cron kernels (I had frozen )
1/2 of a red pepper chopped
1 tsp. of dried oregano (not shown in the picture)
1/4 cup of heavy cream (you can use more , but I found that for the amount of rice I used this was enough)
1 1/2 cup of cooked brown rice
1/2 pound of uncooked, peeled and deveined shrimp.

Step 1:


On medium-high heat the oil and throw the garlic, scallions, poblano and red peppers, and corn. heat until a lttle softened.

Step 2:

 Let the shrimp go in and turn pink.

Step 3:

Cilantro  and oregano go next to the skillet.

Step 4:

And  then take away from the heat ant put in the cream. Mix  and return to a low simmer. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Step 5:

 Throw in the cooked rice and mix.




Serve with a garnish of scallions and cilantro.

Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment